Impressed Current Cathodic Protection
All metal vessel parts, submerged in water can be protected by our ICCP systems. Comparing to large numbers of sacrificial anodes, ICCP systems are superior. Both economically and in regard to design life. Where sacrificial anodes costs more in proportion to the area to be protected, ICCP systems increases less that proportionally.
ICCP systems work by cyrrent flowing from a DC power source trough anodes of various materials. Adding a protective current to the hull (cathode) from the sacrificing material (anode)
Clear advantages of ICCP systems versus sacrificial anodes:
- Cost effective
- Controllable protection levels
- Long life anodes
- Requires minimum maintenance
- Higher driving voltage
- Connectable to VMS via RS485 and RS232
- No drag as by sacrificial anodes, this means lower fuel consumption.
- Unlimited protection capacity (accepts higher coating breakdown than sacrificial anodes)